Last Updated on December 8, 2022 by April
I’ve teamed up with WhenAvailable for this post. I truly believe this is the BEST event scheduling app! : )
I’ve learned once I hit college that adults are really busy. Getting groups together for the smallest things is a total hassle. From the lack of accountability in group texts to time-consuming phone calls, it’s impossible to plan.
Luckily, thanks to technology, we now have amazing apps like WhenAvailable. This easy to use app is the best way to ensure efficient meeting scheduling via the website.
Why Use an Event Scheduling Software?
There never seems to be enough time in the day. Much of our day is taken up by running errands, going to work, and keeping the home in check. With many of our friends doing the same, scheduling group events can get a bit tricky.
By using an event scheduling app, you can quickly pick a date and time that works for the entire group. All of this without the traditional back and forth texting. The best part is, friends don’t even need to sign up to use the WhenAvailable app. You can simply send them a poll invite via social media, text message or e-mail. This came in handy when getting my mom to use it as it didn’t require lots of instruction. 😉
Here are some photos from our last get together in the Philippines. It was my husband’s first time there, and we had loads of fun showing him around.
If you plan to go abroad as a group, be sure to use a meeting scheduler. That way, you can split up and then select times that work for everyone to meet back up.
You can take advantage of the time zone feature in the event details form so that everyone is on the same page. This comes in handy if you have family in your destination country.
Scenarios Solved by an Event Scheduling App
- Blind Date
- Baby Shower
- Business Meeting
- Camping Trip
- Visiting Out of Town Friend
- Book Club
- Girls’ Night Out
- Group Workout at the Gym
- Family Move Night
- Employee Work Schedule
- Music Lessons
- School Project
- Child Play Date
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch & Dinner
Quick WhenAvailable Tutorial
- Fill Out Event Information – Add the event name, your name, and time zone. You also have the option of including the event location as well as some details.
2. Suggest Your Ideal Dates – Pick the dates that work best for you. Ideally, add as many dates as you can accommodate. This will give your group more options and flexibility.
3. Add Guest Names and E-mails – Add the names and e-mails of those who will be attending the event. You have the option to skip this step and create a link to send out as necessary. Your group members will be able to add themselves to the poll via this link.
4. Select End Date for Voting & Create Poll Link – Set an end date for voting so you can finalize other event details. You also have the option to send out a reminder to your group.
Pricing – I really recommend signing up for the ‘Premium’ version while it’s still free. Being able to set reminders and chat messages brings the functionality of this app to a whole new level!
When it comes to group meetings, WhenAvailable is the best event scheduling app I’ve encountered. It’s free and easy to try out. I definitely look forward to using it on my upcoming Lake Tahoe visit!
If you have any questions about this app, feel free to send me a message or leave a comment. : )