Last Updated on April 7, 2022 by April
Life can really get in the way of things sometimes, which is why it is crucial to be prepared. Prepping your meals ahead of time can get rid of unnecessary stress and actually save some time in the long run. If you are looking for some fantastic freezer meal prep recipes to get you started, be sure you’re equipped with freezer-safe bags for your food.
Essential Freezer Meal Prep Supplies
Before buying ingredients, it’s important you have all the necessary kitchen supplies for creating delicious and cheap freezer meals.
- Slow Cooker-Many freezer recipes require you use a slow cooker so be sure to have one on hand.
- Large Stainless Steel StockPot-You’ll want a large pot to fit all of your meal prep in. That way you can get it all done at once.
- Cookie Sheets-These can be used to layer foods to flash freeze.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil-These heavy-duty meals require heavy-duty foil! Really though, regular foil tends to rip with these meals.
- Casserole Dishes-These dishes are excellent for baking and then storing large batch foods in the freezer.
- Gallon-Size Freezer Safe Bags-Be sure to use zip bags that are made for the freezer.
- Permanent Markers-Once all your meals are put away in their containers, it can be difficult to tell which is which. Be sure to label your meals and include when it was made so you have an idea of how soon you will need to eat them.
- Disposable Aluminum Baking Pans-This will save you a ton of time cleaning up after you finish each batch of food. These pans are also convenient if you happen to be attending a potluck.
Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli
This easy beef and broccoli recipe from Sweet and Savory Meals is perfect if you’re low on time. It’s juicy and delicious!
Chicken Pot Pie
If you love a nice comforting meal without the effort after a hard day’s work, be sure to prep ahead of time so that you can relax later.
Lemon Pesto Chicken
It’s important to incorporate healthy options for the week and this is such a delicious way to do it.
7 Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Want a whole bunch of delicious chicken crockpot recipes to freeze? New Leaf Wellness can show you how to get it done fast.
Stuffed Pizza Shells
I love this twist on a regular pizza. If you’re a cheese lover, you’re going to dig this.
7 Chicken Marinades
If you are always on the hunt for ways to flavor your chicken or any other meat, this is an easy way to be prepared ahead of time.
This is a recipe that translates amazingly into a freshly cooked freezer meal.
10 More Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Chicken Broccoli Bacon
This is a super easy recipe to make massive amounts of if you have a big family.
If you’re a fan of Mexican food, you won’t be disappointed with these chicken fajitas.
Freezer Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
This is a great breakfast option that doesn’t require you to take a lot of your morning to make it. This means more sleep!
I love freezer pancakes because you avoid all the batter mess from regular pancake making.
Looking for some Italian? Try some baked ziti this week!
I adore having breakfast burritos. I find them so filling and satisfying!
Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sliders
I love this sweet and savory option and would recommend it for breakfast or lunch.
I have never tried Stromboli before but this is definitely convincing me to give it a try!
Enchilada Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are really nutritious on top of being absolutely yummy to eat.
I have never thought of Mexican pasta before so this is interesting!
Cilantro Lime Chicken
I love how simple and healthy this option is.
Want something better than the typical freezer pizzas you get at the grocery store? Try making some yourself from scratch!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Taco Soup
Vegetable Pot Pie
Salsa Verde Crockpot Chicken
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Keto Yellow Squash
Chicken and Avocado Burritos
Instant Pot Fajitas
Pineapple Fried Rice
Bacon Cheese Frittata
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Tacos
Slow Cooker Peanut Stew
Whether you’re craving breakfast, lunch, dinner, Italian, or whatever, there is an option for everyone. I seriously love how much time and money these recipes save and hope they serve you well! Let me know your favorite freezer meals in the comments!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I receive a commission at no cost to you. : )