Last Updated on November 8, 2019 by April
This moisturizing sweet peppermint scrub is also great as a DIY gift. Get more jar gift ideas here. Product samples provided courtesy of Aura Cacia. As always, opinions are my own. : )
Homemade Moisturizing Sweet Peppermint Scrub
This time around, I was feeling like an indulgent DIY scrub that I would be comfortable using around my lips. Since I like my mouth to taste minty, I opted for a moisturizing sweet peppermint scrub that would get rid of dead skin while moisturizing my lips.
Living in the desert has been doing its work on my skin, leaving it dry and dull looking. To combat this, I love using oils in my scrubs so that once I am finished exfoliating my face, there isn’t any need to add any extra moisturizer.
3 Ingredient Moisturizing Sweet Peppermint Scrub
- 1-2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Aura Cacia Coconut Oil You can use any moisturizing oil of choice like jojoba oil or shea nut.
- 3-7 Drops Aura Cacia Sweet Peppermint Oil
- 1-2 Drops Red Food Coloring Optional
- Combine coconut oil, peppermint oil and red food coloring.
- Mix in sugar until scrub is your preferred level of coarseness. I tend to have a bit less sugar as I prefer my scrubs nice and oily. : )
I love that it’s so quick and easy it is to make this moisturizing sweet peppermint scrub. It saves so much money and you don’t have to worry about any harmful ingredients absorbing into your skin.
These scrubs are also great for gift giving on special occasions like birthdays, Christmas and even just on days you’re feeling extra giving. : P
If you’re on the hunt for a solid essential oil brand, then I highly recommend Aura Cacia. They’re reasonably priced and also they smell absolutely divine!